Monday, April 6, 2009

Corner Bakery

Corner Bakery
2200 Crystal Dr., 22202
http://www.cornerbakerycafe.com

CORNDAWG says: Cons: Not actually on a corner. If they lie about that, can you trust anything else they claim? Pros: Tasty food, lots of soups to choose from. Free-fills are standard, and they have mini-bundt cakes, along with a cornucopia of other fine and delicious baked goods. I dropped one of the number cards behind the booth, it was lost forever, but they didn’t get mad at me. That makes up for the time they asked me to fill out a form to submit my email info to them in return for a free cookie. I never got that free cookie. *edit, I got my free cookie... carry on.

Score: 7 out of 10

BARBACOA says: Plenty to choose from, tasty menu. A little tiny bit pricey, but not that bad. Nice dining room, a little cramped and can be impossible to find seating at lunch rush. Free refills. And they have Fresca on tap. Salads can be a little overwhelming (a lot of dressing) and the same goes for the pasta bowls; tons of sauce. The sandwiches are nice, but can be a little salty and overloaded with mayo ("really, really?! do you think I really need this much mayo?"). All in all a good bet (I love the sweet crisps they sell on the shelf in line) for lunch when the 'bunch can't decide where to go. PS. Careful if you decide to visit their website, it's overloaded with Flash graphics ... ugh.

Score 7 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. you guys need to step it up a bit and hit o'yamel and the beefalo place.

    ReplyDelete